MARINTEC INNOVATION WEBINAR SERIES
The Fourth Industrial Revolution at Sea
Chapter Two: Zero Carbon Emission
Given the challenges presented to the industry by the “climate emergency” and digital technology, substantial investment will be needed to build ships capable of achieving lower, and eventually, zero emissions.
Dr Martin Stopford will discuss strategies for cutting emissions by 2050, where applying I4 technology to sea transport offers a positive way forward, using technology that is here today and battle tested in other transport industries. Joining the panel discussion will be authoritative experts from China Classification Society, Japan's E5 lab and Carnival Corporation & Plc
- Dr Martin STOPFORD, Non-executive President, Clarkson Research Services Ltd
PANEL DISCUSSION WITH GUEST SPEAKERS from
- Mr Tom STRANG, SVP, Maritime Affairs, Carnival Corp & PLC
- Mr LUO Xiaofeng, Director, China Classification Society (CCS) Wuhan Rules & Research Institute
- Mr Yasumasa SUETSUGU, CTO, e5 Lab. Inc.
- Dr WANG Jinbao, Researcher in ship hydrodynamics, MARIC and Deputy Director of SSNAME